May 18th 3:30pm
Topic: Custom Kernel Compile and General Q&A
Andrew will demo a custom kernel compile for Ubuntu 12.04
Our meetings have been moved to Balloons Everywhere at: 5733 East Shields Avenue Fresno, CA 93727 starting in August 2012.
Our meetings are free.
- If you have any ideas for topic, hit us up on the mailing list. There have been several requests to revisit past topics, such as:
- Zabbix 1.8.4
- Open Source system monitoring, Learn how to use and setup a distributed monitoring system, setup alerts, monitor performance.
- Open Source Mail system. Setup and use a enterprise level collaborative productivity suite. Mail, Calendar, tasks, etc.
- Kernel Compiling
- Learn how to compile your own kernel.
- Data Recovery
- Pull data off corrupt hard-drives, clone hard-drives, and rescue lost data.
- Apache2 and PHP
- Setting up your first LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) Server. Host your own website, and dynamic content.
- Setup your own open source database system. How to edit and manipulate MySQL databases.
Read about our experiences when OpenDNS hosted our group!
Our meetings are currently held at Balloons Everywhere at: 5733 East Shields Avenue Fresno, CA 93727 every 3rd Saturday from 3:30-5:30.
Have something to hand out to interested ones: Media:Genericflyer.pdf
- FOSUG Dinner - FOSUG dinner is often held at our favorite location, Shanghai Chinese Cuisine. Dinner times and locations are discussed in the IRC chat and on the mailing list, and then posted here. FOSUG Dinners are a great way to meet the group, and ask questions about Linux/Open Source in a relaxed setting. Newcomers are welcome! Dinners are served family style, and generally run about $10 per person.
- If you have an idea for a demonstration on an open source OS or software, please post your idea to the mailing list.
- 12/02/08 - Mailing list and website are back, after an upgrade went less than smoothly. Thanks to Stevo for diligently backing up and maintaining our server.
- 10/5/08 - The Fosug IRC has moved to FREENODE.NET.
- Please point your IRC clients to the new server. We are still in #fosug