Revision as of 13:50, 7 October 2008 by Abaker
Using Irssi or BitchX IRC Client
Irssi and BitchX IRC Chat software are a commonly used linux chat client. You can use your Package Manager or Repository to install it, or see the Irssi or BitchX website.
- Once it's installed, open a terminal window and type "irssi" or "Bitchx" depending on the program you installed. The software will start, and you'll see a black screen with blue bands at the top and bottom. The bottom will have a cursor blinking. From there type:
- /server irc.freenode.net [Enter]
- Then after you are connected to the server type:
- /join #fosug [Enter]
- and that will bring you into the chat room. From there you can join the conversation.
- When you are done, you can just X out of the terminal window, but you can also more elegantly type:
- Ctrl + N [Enter]
- which will bring you back to the main window, and then type: