Revision as of 13:15, 12 December 2008 by Priswell
How to Access IRC Using Pidgin
- Accessing FOSUG chat with Pidgin software allows users to run both Instant Messages and IRC from the same software, and is available for both Windows and Linux.
- Download the Pidgin software, install and run.
- Click on Add Accounts
- Click on the drop-down box where it says "Protocol"
- Choose IRC
- In the Server box type: irc.freenode.net 6666
- Give yourself a screen name.
- Click OK or Save.
- A window will be created. In the typing box at the bottom type
- /join #fosug
- and you will be in!
- Now you can type in the typing box whatever you want to say.
- To quit, you can type /quit in the typing box or just x out.
- Your account will be saved and to go back to the room, all you'll have to do is type
- /join #fosug when you want to join us again.